Monday 10 October 2016

How to make a 4 pocket travelers folder



Travelers notebooks seem to be the rage lately or maybe I am just late to the par-tay. But I have purchased a few "sew-dori's" or whatever one might call them there are so many versions of Midori's out there. I unfortunately haven't used mine yet but I did get two really cute ones. I love owls so the one is owls and foxes and the other is one is based on my zombie obsession...yes it is a real obsession. So I will show you the two I have purchased and links to the Etsy seller.



But today I thought I would show you a quick tutorial on how to make a 4 pocket travelers folder. Mine is based on the regular size but you can easily modify the process for any size you own. You can also do modifications to add more pockets or slits there are so many possibilities but we are doing the 4 pocket today.

Here is a pic of the ones I did today. I used some of Mrs Brimbles awesome paper for the inside. I picked it for the inside because of the way you fold it the pattern would have been upside down on the inside pocket. While that may not bother you my OCD brain would not allow it. So for this you will need the following supplies/tools:

**A few of these items are optional. You can get by without them doing it the old fashion way


Paper trimmer
Score board
Glue stick
Corner rounder
Scissors
Circle punch
2 pieces of cardstock 12 x 12

Here are what the pockets will look like when finished


Lets get started!



The measurements for the 2 pieces are:
Base piece is 9.5 x 12
Inside pocket is 8 x 8.5 (go slightly under those measurements so it won't fit so tight.

Now I am going to share some pics from my happy planner spread using the September Brimbles Box. 



The stickers and stamps this month was so stinkin' cute! I love the autumn colors and the images were all Anna's creations which make them extra special. 












This charm is so pretty from Cloudy Clow


 You fox you!

Hope you enjoyed the DIY and the pics of my planner. Now don't you want to subscribe to the Brimbles box! Join us on facebook (click here)  also for loads of conversation, sneak peaks and pics of lovely Brimbles items. 

Debbie 
www.craftinchaos.com




No comments:

Post a Comment