Tuesday 12 March 2019

Watercolour and Brusho Snowdrops Art


It's been a long time since 1, that I have created any watercolour art and 2, that I have done a post for Anna Brim, but yay, I can say that I am happy to be back doing both. I was so inspired by Anna's watercolour snowdrops video tutorial over on her patreon page - http://www.patreon.com/mrsbrimbles, that I decided to add my own twist to it using brusho as well as watercolour and stamping ink. I still used drawing gum to create a resist for the snowdrops.

You can see my full process in the video below.



The Art Process 

I started out by using drawing gum for the snowdrops them-self then added a mix of green and yellow watercolour using my Daniel Smith watercolours and my JD.

Next I added a variety of different brusho drops and added lots of water for it to take effect. It was a little too vibrant, so out came the trusty kitchen roll to lift some of the colour off the page. I love watching brusho take shape, I could literally sit and watch it all day.



I then went to work on adding texture using blotted kitchen roll, and ink pad and going over with darker and lighter shading for the flowers and stems. This really added depth to the image. When it was dry it was time to peel off the drawing gum and add final touches to the shading.



I love the completed look of the art journal page. I actually might frame it for my craft room wall. I think it has a real ethereal whimsical type nature to it and I'm so pleased with how my sense of depth and texture has improved. Don't forget to check out Anna's patreon page
http://www.patreon.com/mrsbrimbles.

See you all on the blog and in the Mrs Brimbles Happy Place group soon.
Kerry xx

You can find me here: Blog: kerrymaymakes.com Instagram | You Tube | Pinterest Art Journaling FB Group


No comments:

Post a Comment