Wednesday 26 August 2015

'Back 2 Skool' Stationery Shopping

back to school time usually means tons of really cool stationery hitting the shops! I remember fondling wandering the aisles of Woolworths picking out just the right items that I wanted for the new year. I have always been a stationery addict you see, always! Every term I always used to have a new pencil case and bits and bobs. I think all of my pocket money went to Woolworths. Back in the day we had no where else in my town to really buy stationery so Woolies it was!

Nowadays Woolies has gone and the town still doesn't really have many places to buy nice stationery. I mean you can buy a boring old yellow sticky note but that is about it, I am talking about the stationery that we all love as journal and planner addicts. There isn't much about in the high street.

I don't very often go to a supermarket as I have my food delivered but I was over the other side of town last week and so decided to pop into Tesco to have a look at the stationery items on offer. They had a big aisle of stationery and back to school stuff but I have to say I wasn't all that excited. There were a few things that caught my eye and I did manage to snap a couple of pics with my phone without too many people thinking I was a weirdo! Here are the things that caught my eye:








I did love the cloud design but like I need another notebook!!!

I didn't buy anything though. Whilst I liked them, I didn't LOVE them, not enough to part with my cash anyway. I am trying to buy less and use more and my philosophy at the moment is if I don't fall in love with it OR absolutely need it then I don't buy it. So far it is working ok. So far!

I don't know if it is me looking back with a nostalgic view on things but I personally just don't think that the back to school range is as good as it used to be. Is it just me? Maybe because kids don't use stationery any more? I dunno, maybe I am getting a grumpy git in my old age. Or maybe, and I think I have the answer here, maybe it is because I am just so used to seeing stuff on the internet from all over the World that I get to see such exciting things that I have been spoilt. I have to say I love researching and sourcing the items for the Brimbles Box and in doing so I do get to discover some amazing items.

What do you think? Have you been doing some back to school shopping?

2 comments:

  1. Like the watermelon pencil case ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything =] May need to go have a browse myself haha

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete