Thursday 27 November 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I am so so ready for Christmas. So ready! It doesn't help that we went on holiday last week to the most Christmassy place...Winter Wonderland at Center Parcs. If you have no idea what I am talking about or want to have a nose, I vlogged whilst we were there, I will pop the video in at the bottom of this post if you want to watch and are not subscribed to me over on my vlogging channel.


So because I am feeling Christmassy and so in the mood I thought I could allow myself to start decking up my Filofax for the season. Of course I am still in my Malden because it just seems to fitting I think.

My Malden is my everyday Filofax which I want to make Christmassy. It is not going to be massively Christmassy (famous last words) as I have my dedicated Christmas planning Filofax for that. You wait, give it a week and it will be full on Christmas!

So what changes have I made? Well firstly I have switched to this crown pen because I think it is more suited, I don't know how long I will have it in there though as it is a bit too thin for the pen loop. As a side note, what is it with the Malden pen loop - most pens are too fat or too thin for it but mainly I find the Paperchase ones fit quite nicely. For these photos at least the crown pen looks good!



I don't very often get to go to Hobbycraft as we have to drive for about half an hour or more to get to one but it is a nice treat when I do get to go. We had to make a visit last weekend to buy nice card and paper (we were making the order of service for Jon's nan's funeral) and whilst we were there I couldn't not have a look around. I fell in love with these washi tapes, I think they are just gorgeous and will go so beautifully with the Malden don't you think. Just look at those poinsettias!


My dashboard will be changing, I know it will because that is just what I do, I can't help it. For now though I am using this winter fox design which I purchased from Filomania on Etsy. Not only is it so cute but just so fitting for that winteryness which is not quite yet Christmas!


A wonderful wonderful subscriber of my Mrs Brimbles YouTube channel very kindly sent me a Christmas themed gift package and in that package was this beautiful pine cone to do list pad which I think is absolutely beautiful, I am sure you will agree. I loved everything that she sent me and will put it all to good use but when I saw this pad I knew instantly that it had to go in Mr Malden! The page size is just slightly bigger than the personal size pages but that doesn't bother me in the slightest, I just chopped a bit off, hole punched it and popped it in. Now I have festive note paper / list paper.


Just look at that beautiful pine cone design.


I could always chop the pine cone design off and be left with the to do writing at the top which would be good for other times of the year. Of course I will also leave it whole for jotting things down whilst I am at my desk etc.


I had already received the gorgeous pinecone pad when the lovely Charlotte posted photos on her instagram of her pinecone dividers that she had made. I knew straight away that I had to order some because they would be just perfect and you know what, they are! What do you think? Don't they just go so well and make everything look so lovely and festive!


Charlotte also included a little card for me which looks so cute. I have no idea what I am going to do with it but it looks really cute just nestled in between my daily pages that I am yet to decorate. If you wanted to buy any of Charlotte's dividers you can find her on Etsy as Charlottesweb86.


So now I am all good to go in my daily. As I say I am most likely going to add to it and change as the season goes on but that is all part of the fun and I can't wait to use all my other lovely goodies. Thank you so much June x

And here is that video I talked about if you wanted to check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment