Thursday 15 November 2012

Book Review - Painted Pages

My second book review! Painted Pages


I saw this book recommended on a forum but I can't remember where how bad is that! Oh well at least I am sharing the book with you now.

I have to be totally honest and up front and say that I am not a big fan of her art work. I am sorry but I am not. But then in the art world not all pieces appeal to everyone and people accept that. My stuff doesn't appeal to many too and I am totally OK with that. I am sure most artists are because they are creating stuff for a particular audience.

That said I really liked this book.

There was lots of content to read as well as techniques and inspiration and motivation.

I have a sketch book and most of the time the pages are blank because I just don't know what to put in the sketch book. I tend to just have things in my head or I sit down with a blank canvas and just paint whatever comes to me at the time. This book encourages you to use a sketch book and gives you great ideas and techniques to get you started and help you on your way. I had never thought to take it with me to a coffee shop and just write down colour combinations that appealed to me. I do now!

A definite read from my POV!!

Here is my video review...



**Please note this is my own personal opinion and I have created this review myself to share with others. I have not been paid, sponsored or endorsed by anyone to create provide this review** 

No comments:

Post a Comment