Monday 8 July 2013

Pro Markers "skin" set

I am quite frugal when it comes to art supplies and I try and make do with what I have so as not to waste money on loads of gimmicks and gadgetry. I also believe that limiting yourself also pushes your creativity.  All that being said I do like to have a little spend now and then!

I have a smallish selection of Pro Markers that I have picked up every time I see them on sale or at a good price but I have been wanting the "skin" set for ages and last week I just bit the bullet and splurged £13 on the set of six. 

I had a little play with them and created a little whimsical character rather than a more human like face. I love Pro Markers generally but I think it might take a bit of time and a lot of practice with the skin ones. I have to say I wasn't as pleased with the set as I thought I would be. I thought they were all either on the darker or pinker side and I was hoping for a really light colour too. Maybe it is the way I am using them? I ended up adding a "satin" that I already owned into the mix.



I dunno, I am just not quite happy yet. At least it was a nice sunny day so I had the excuse of sitting in the garden with a cold Diet Coke happily colouring in.

I need to keep playing I think and watch some YouTube tutorials until I get the hang of it.

What do you think? Do you use them?

No comments:

Post a Comment