Monday 4 July 2016

Plan With Me - Good Vibes!





This week I wanted to use the June Brimbles kit to create a bright and fun weekly layout. Here in Australia it is currently Winter and this spread makes me remember what it feels like to be warm! If you haven't seen what was in the June box, you can check out my unboxing video here.
As usual, I have some photos and a process video for you, showing how this layout came together.

I really wanted to use watercolours on this layout ­ I don't always use them in my planner, but occasionally I get the urge and just can't help myself! You can see down the bottom how I added a few colours to match the sticker colour scheme. I also layered a transparent washi tape over the top ­ this polka dot washi is my favourite to layer over watercolours because you can still see the colours and it added the extra pop of black to add contrast to all the bright colours!
Note: have a heat tool on hand to help dry your watercolours if you're using reasonably thin paper! Also, Anna has a great set of watercolours in her shop ­ they're not the exact ones that I used, but they're very similar!


I mixed and matched some of the Sticker Sunshine stickers to create my own bunting banner across the top of my inserts. I also used them to add a bit of extra colour to my washi dividers, too.


Hot pink is one of my absolute favourite colours (and I love it with black and white) so I was super excited to use the striped tape that came in the box to add that bright pop of colour to the top of my page.


I like to cluster stickers in places around my spread, and this pineapple is super cute from the Mrs Brimbles stickers.


I took one of the journaling cards with Anna's designs and fussy cut around the flower and punched a hole through one of the petal. It's primarily decorative (and I am partial to having random floating bits in my planner!) but I can also add notes/stamps/etc to the back of it if I need any extra space. It could also be a cool space for adding some journaling.


So that's my layout! If you want to check out the process, click on the video below:


Don't forget to stop by my blog, or follow me on Instagram or Youtube for more inspiration! I will be using this same kit to create a Project Life layout soon, too, so if you're interested, definitely stop by.

Until next time planner friends!
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment