Friday 19 August 2016

Planner Sticker Organisation



I don't know about you but one of the biggest reasons my spreads are not as decorated as they could be is because my stickers are so disorganized. I pride myself in being a very organized person but running a Etsy shop, planning a wedding for our daughter has made my life a bit chaotic. I get a lot of stickers in the mail from various shops, subscription boxes etc and I also make some for myself so I feel like if I had it all organized I would sit down to plan and it would be effortless as far as finding the right stickers to use in my spread.

So after seeing so many people create a sticker book i decided to do the same for myself and even categorize it a bit. So I am sharing this on Mrs Brimbles blog today. Here are a few simple steps to make the process not so daunting.

Things you will need to get started:
Paper (I just used some cheap cardstock I knew I wouldn't use for much else)
Glue runner or glue stick
Disc or a ring bound planner
Hole punch depending on what style of book you are making
Paper trimmer



#1 compile all your stickers together. If you are like me some are here, some are there so get them all together.


#2 Sort them in some categories that you think would be helpful such as "decorative" "functional" or even just by shop. However you see the separation of one or the other helping you to maximize your planning experience. This of course is optional and since I had so many I opted for setting up mainly by shop.

#3 measure what would be the largest set you would be needing to fit on a page. Most of mine were relatively the same size so I made my pages a bit big to fit two sheets on a page.
I think mine is a bit bigger than I would do next time. My sheets were cut to 8 x 10

#4 Cut a stack of paper into the largest size needed for your biggest sticker set and then hole punch them all. I am planning on making one like a Happy Planner look so I am using the disc and therefore utilizing the happy planner punch but you can do the same with a ring bound book as well.



#5 Using an adhesive runner Put little adhesive on the backs of your sticker sheets and place on your cardstock you have prepared for your book.

#6 OPTIONAL: Create you some tabs for all your categories and sort the sticker pages you have created into the categories you deemed important to you. Start putting in your sheets. You can do this with a 3 ring binder, Happy Planner style disc etc.


Here is what mine looks like. As you can see you can also create a cute cover for your book and now you can easily carry it around with you as you are planning making it so much easier to use those stickers instead of collecting the stickers! Now have fun making your own book!







So get busy and make yourself a sticker book, make your life easier when you sit down to plan. Show us your sticker books!!!

Here is one of my past spread. I need to do a new one with this months goodies. I will share a pic of them as well.

This months goodies in the planner box:

Cute Pencil bag and love that charm and washi

Close up of the charm



Love these stickers from Sea Salt & Anna's own designs. That bee and that adorable girl is just so cute! Flair to match too!


Head over to pic up extra's that may be left from the box click here >>>Mrs Brimbles Shop




No comments:

Post a Comment