Tuesday 27 June 2017

December Daily Flip Through (Travelers Notebook) 2016

Last week I shared with you my thoughts on completing a December Daily memory keeping album in my travelers notebook. This week I thought I would share with you my completed flip through. I hope you enjoy it! If you missed last weeks post you can check it out here



Items shown:

Photos printed with the Polaroid Zip Printer from my iphone
Travelers Notebook: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Geekydori
Insert: Made by myself
Dashboard: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MyPrettyWeek
Papers, stickers, Embellishments etc: http://www.mrsbrimbles.co.uk/shop

As well as the above video I thought I would share some of my favourite photos. Well not all of them as some of them have sticky notes over to protect Miss B's identity and they don't look as great with them on but needs must!

I started my journal with a little pocket with a letter in it. I had seen this idea in many flip throughs and it seemed like a good idea. It just has things in it like what we have been through in the year both as a family and wider society.


There are quite a few selfies of me in my journal and there is a couple of reasons for that and it is not pure narcissism. Firstly it is my journal and a documentation of me as well as my family and secondly as a mother I am usually the one taking photos and I feel that it is important to have photos of me for my tiddly to look back on in years to come.



I can't remember exactly when I got my Fuse tool but I know it was all so new to me still and I just wanted to fuse all the things! The benefit of making your own inserts is that you can put what the heck you like in it. I added in some Project Life pocket inserts that I had cut down which I slipped photos and cards into. I also saw on my internet travels people keeping pine needles from their tree so I thought I would do the same. I didn't dry them, I put them in fresh and 6 months on they still look pretty good. It's one of those quirky things that I love and I will probably do every year.


Don't get me wrong I love photos of people but I also love documenting other things that make up my life. As you can see I documented how our Christmas tree looked as well as all the knick knacks on my side board. Normally I am a minimalist in my decor but at Christmas I go all out because I think it looks cozy. I also photographed the radiator with all Miss B's Christmas jumpers drying on them. This was our first year being parents and we went all in so it was cute things like this that were just as fun to document. I also documented activities like ornament making. All things that I hope Miss B will look back on fondly even if she can't remember doing it.




This was our first year as a family as I mentioned so we introduced new traditions like a Christmas Eve box for tiddly. I documented the tradition and what she got too.


I have a fab little app on my phone called Catch Santa which I stumbled across last year and used it again this year. Basically you take a photo of your house, presents under the tree or whatever you want and you then use their app to add Father Christmas in as if he was really there. I do find that it is noticeably fake so I then also edit my photo in either instagram or Little Moments app to give it a filter which helps to calm it down and make it look like one photo. These things I can do in Photoshop but it is so quick and easy to do on your phone, perfect to do whilst nibbling on a mince pie and a really cute and fun addition to your album,


One can never have too much sparkle of fusing right? Oh and snap chat filters. Gotta love me a snap chat filter lol!


I hope you enjoyed a peak into my December Daily and I can't wait to do it all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment