Monday 15 February 2016

Badass Happy Mail!

One of my new years resolutions is to step up my snail mail game - I haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I would have liked to my pen pals recently so to get back into the swing of things this month I opted for the 'Happy Mail' Brimbles Box. You can check out my unboxing post over on my blog here. My usual tactics of choosing a pretty note card and adding a few goodies were not going to cut it - I needed to send something a little more special. Honestly, how lovely is it when someone really goes out of their way and spends a little more time on hand making something!? Now, I'm not saying that I'm a lazy snail mailer sticking with the minimal (or you are if that's how you roll) - It's that I'm just not a natural when it comes to creative snail mail! So after a snoop around on Instagram for some inspiration, I was able to grab a few ideas. *swoons with all the prettiness*









Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}

Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}Happy Mail {seasaltandpaper.com}

I took the two Mrs Brimbles Note cards and made them into a booklet securing the longest sides with washi tape. I went with the pattern on the inside because the shiny side is perfect for sticking post-it notes on. I then trimmed down one of the heart print envelopes and glued it to the front page to make a pocket for storing washi tape samples. I had a good dig around on my desk and found some Dear Lizzy ephemera which I received in a previous Brimbles Box. This is the kind of scrap book/project life items which I really don't have a lot of so I am so glad to have some left over. The DIY Shop envelopes from my January box came in handy again too! I used a dab of glue to stick it on the back page using it again as a pocket for stashing away some ephemera, paper clips, stickers and a little bag of foil confetti. Because who doesn't need a bit of confetti and glitter in their lives!? The floral paper from the letter set was such a pleasure to write on and looked right at home tucked inside the booklet. I keep looking at it and adding extras but I think it's pretty much done. There's so much left over in the box so it will definitely keep me going for a while!

For me the 'Happy Mail' Brimbles Box is a no brainer - It's basically a DIY kit with so many options and is made up of unique items which are always perfect if you are unsure of where to start (like me)!
Have you found your creative snail mail style? Maybe it's minimal and it's badass!?
Charlie xo {seasaltandpaper.com}

1 comment: