Thursday 25 January 2018

Staying Wild

Continuing on from my previous blog post, I would like to show you a piece of work I have made to help ensure that my Wild project remains at the forefront of my mind.
IMG_1350

 I was itching to display the word in my art journal somehow and Anna Brim's Patreon tutorial on painting a monochrome giraffe inspired me to get out my watercolours and paint a giraffe pattern background. Here is Anna's stunning giraffe:

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 21.33.25 

 I like the way that my word stands out because of the clean white outlines that are just like the clean white spaces between the brown patches.

IMG_1349 

 I also love the many different shades of brown and the occasional hint of sparkle created by a bit of fun I had with my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Color paints.

IMG_1348

IMG_1347

My landscape art journal was perfect for this double page spread where I have demonstrated the importance of this word by the amount of space it takes up. My intention is set and I am really looking forward to the next stage in this project.

IMG_1340

Thanks for reading. Until next time, Steph x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment