Tuesday 9 October 2018

Creating art when there's no time

How do you make time for art when your time is limited?  It's one of the hardest parts of my creative life.  I have a full time job (which admittedly I do from home), a 4 year old daughter with additional needs, a husband and dog who both demand my attention and I'm studying for a second Masters qualification.

One of the ways I make time for myself is to keep my pages simple.  This month has been really hard, J has had a lot of appointments and a couple of operations and finding balance has been hard.  I got to the point today where I felt like it seriously couldn't get worse.  Anna created this beautiful painting of flowers and offered it in this month's Patreon collage sheets.  And so I questioned the universe but used this pretty, colourful painting to include some much needed optimism into the spread.


Don't forget to check out Anna's Patreon which includes all of Anna's beautiful collage sheets including these gorgeous pages as well as art tutorials. You can find more of my art here, on my blog, or on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment