Monday 29 October 2018

This month's blog post from me is inspired by our book club and the book we read for
September and October: Mr Penumbra's 24 hour book store.  I really liked this book, it was magical in the way only books about books can be.  I also really liked the theme of fellowship and friendship.

I really loved Anna's collage sheet that focused on her favourite quotes from the book and it got me thinking about my favourite.

I thought this one summed up the magic of the book for me:

"There is no immortality that is not built on friendship and work done with care.  All the secrets in the world are hiding in plain sight."

I knew I wanted my page to represent the magic of the book and so I decided to paint a universe with watercolours, as we are led to believe the secrets to the universe are held in the bookstore and in the codes.  I then drew my representation of the symbol used by The Unbroken Spine (this is a great name for a book society!) and added the second part of the quote to it.



I really enjoyed stretching myself for this art journal page - I don't usually make art based on books I've read but I think I'm going to try and do it each month for the book club.

Don't forget to check out Anna's Patreon which includes all of Anna's beautiful collage sheets including these gorgeous pages as well as art tutorials. You can find more of my art here, on my blog, or on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment