Monday 11 April 2016

Easter-themed Project Life layout



Hello, friends! It's Stef here from the Noveltea Corner and this month I wanted to share with you my quick and easy Easter-themed Project Life layout.


Those of you who have seen my Project Life posts before know that I love simplicity. I don't like to overthink things too much - that's when I find myself getting stuck and frustrated and that's not something I want when I'm doing something so fun and creative! - and I love bright colours and lots of white!

For this week's layout I used the March Brimbles Stationery kit and the fun papers that are included!


For my title card I used the cut-apart papers included in the March kit (Easter Collection by Echo Park), alphabet stickers by Basic Gray (Sunkissed collection), some Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine and a cute little bunny brad that Anna sent me as part of our Easter blog hop last month.

One of my favourite techniques at the moment is to draw a think black border around my decorative cards. I just love the way it looks.


Before I print my photos I collate them in the Collect app on my iPhone - that's what gives them the 'polaroid' style look when you print them out. You have lots of options for how to print your cards - including adding dates and titles - but lately I've just been enjoying the extra white space.

Plus, a lot of the photos for this week are light and bright and I think it helps to add to that bright, fun Easter feel!


This week I included a screenshot of a conversation I had with a friend of mine (because I find it funny that my friends message me questions about superhero pyjamas) - but it's really a wonderful way to remember these little details. Take screenshots of your conversations, your FaceTime sessions,  your favourite memes. You name it! Remember them!


This is another of my decorative filler cards, also cut from the cut-apart sheet fro the Brimbles box. Again, I've added my black border (confession: I couldn't find my favourite black pen for doing this so it looks a little rougher than normal!). I also added a cute little sparkly adhesive spot to the centre of the bunny's bow for added interest.

What you can't see in the photos is the glitter border around the bunny. I used a Gelly Roll Clear Stardust gel pen so that when you're looking at the card in person, you can really see the shimmer. Unfortunately it just doesn't photograph well at all.


I had these two photos of Easter-themed cupcakes that I helped my Mum with on Good Friday. I thought this last filler card from the cut-apart sheet was absolutely perfect because it's full of Easter-themed sweets.

I added a couple of the felt Easter scatters to cover up the word 'Spring' (it's actually Autumn here in Australia and thus not relevant to my Easter experience), but it looks very cute!


So that's it - super simple, no over the top embellishments (this time anyway), but it's a layout that is bright and colourful and very representative of Easter to me. I hope you're inspired to try out something from this layout in your own layouts in the future!

If you have any comments or questions please leave them below and I'd be happy to answer them for you, or feel free to stop by my blog and social media for more content and ideas!

youtube. Noveltea Corner
instagram. @stefgalvin

Until next time friends, have a fabulous day!

Stef xx

1 comment: