Saturday 18 March 2017

Mind over Matter


Most days I have great ideas, loads of "to do's" that I plan to do but I ultimately fail at getting them done. I am forever saying to my husband "tomorrow I want to organize my drawers" 'this weekend I need to clean out my closet" but guess what...those days come and go without results. 

My problem is as long as I say it out loud it doesn't mean anything. I would say I am a bit of a type A person but since retiring I am a bit more relaxed about things. The problem for me lies in the fact that because I am type A and I don't accomplish these random things in my head they continue to bog up my head. A person like me that don't accomplish these goals will just go nuts at some point ha ha, cause we haven't done the things we said we were going to do. 

So I am constantly nagged in my brain of all the task uncompleted. SO for me I have to rely on "to do" list and PLAN the items in my planner. Seeing them on paper makes them a permanent task that if I do not get the chance to mark off will drive me insane. Plus its goals for the day and I always try hard to complete what I have given myself to do.

So if you are remotely like this I suggest writing down a "to do" list and then taking your planner and spreading the task out and designate them for particular days throughout the week. Therefore not bogging yourself down but giving yourself a realistic goal that you know you can meet. It will make you feel so accomplished. I know I felt defeated if I talked these task out loud and didn't get them done. 

Something about pen to paper does it for me. It makes it real and then therefore I personally set a goal for myself and make it happen. Try it sometime you will see it does make a difference. I own multiple planners so I try to designate one for my shop things and then use one for my everyday home life. You can also cross post them so that each planner is sync'd so if you do not open the other up you still have an idea of what you need to accomplish. 

Everyone has a particular system. Make your system work for you but I am telling you most people who enjoy planners are probably people who are very much like me. I personally feel I am much more disciplined using a planner. Maybe I don't need 10 of them but I switch off depending on what colors I feel are going to make me happy for a while. 

I hope this little ramble will help you get a system that works for you. We are all not perfect but we strive to make our life easier and productive and when planners came into my life I am much more focused. This post will be on Mrsbrimbles blog so please visit her blog, check out her shop!

Happy Planning!

I wanted to share some really cute items from the March Brimbles box with you. I wasn't sure I would love the space theme because I just don't have small children around or anything but I have to say it was one of my absolutely favorites!! I LOVED these stickers and ephemera! I am sad I used all the stickers!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment