Monday 15 October 2012

Book Review: Daring Adventures in Paint

I love to read and I love to look at others art too. I particularly love a well laid out book with beautiful photography. I could just look at the photography for hours and I regularly flick through books with stunning images time and time again. I thought it might be quite nice to share some of the books that I have read with you once a month so you can read them too.

So first up we have "Daring Adventures in Paint" by Mati Rose.



I came across this book on Amazon whilst searching for mixed media art books. Then I remembered that I had seen the name Mati Rose before and that she had some beautiful pieces she had created. I particularly love her little cute animals. I really want to branch out into painting animals and I love her cute and quirky style. Unfortunately there wasn't too much of this in the book which is a shame but it was a nice book anyway.

The book was well laid out and I loved all the photos. The real downside for me was the lack of content. Mati's work is lovely and the photos beautiful but there were very few words. I read the whole book in about an hour so it was a bit disappointing because I like to really savour a book. There were some nice aspects on techniques with lovely visuals. It was interesting to read about collaborating with other artists but I felt this could have been explored more.

On the whole it was a nice little book. I probably would buy it again just for the imagery!

And here is my video review...



**Please note this is my own personal opinion and I have created this review myself to share with others. I have not been paid, sponsored or endorsed by anyone to create provide this review** 

No comments:

Post a Comment