Monday 8 October 2012

Getting started - How?

So how did I get into painting again?


Well there are a couple of reasons really and without getting too in depth and heavy the first one is life circumstance. I was going through a period in my life that was a little traumatic and I was suffering from stress and anxiety so I decided to start journalling. I have always kept a diary on and off since I was a teen. I unconsciously found myself doodling in that journal and over time it emerged into an art journal.

When I was creating I was happy. When I was happy nothing else around me really mattered.

First and foremost in life you need to be happy so I decided to be happy. And now I am. In some respects it is that easy but when you are in the thick of a life situation you don't realise it is.

I live in my head a lot. I am an over thinking. By getting stuff onto a page it gets it out of my head and that really helps. Alot.

As I said in the last post I am in a creative industry, I am a Photographer and Graphic Designer so I have to be creative in the "day job". Sometimes that is hard when you have to do it and other times it comes so easily. I do find though that in order to be creative you have to get creative. Creativity is like a muscle. You need to use it and stretch it all the time other wise it can waste away.

No comments:

Post a Comment