Monday 1 October 2012

Getting Started... Why have I not?


I have always painted, drawn and well been a crafty sort for as long as I can remember. I think it is in my blood. I have had periods in my life where I haven't done anything and other periods when I have been full on with it all. This is a time of life when I am full on.

I have two reasons why I have in the past not been arty.

The first one is technically three things but I am lumping it together as one as it is basically all linked and that is: Time / Inclination / Inspiration. All three of those things have been lacking when I have been working full time for someone else, doing a hard slog at an office and driving for an hour home. Now that I work for myself I have more time on my hands and can be more flexible with me time and this has also opened up creativity for me.

The second is space. We have a smallish house and don't I don't have a dedicated area for it. Man I would love to though. Now I have more time at home, I have more time to clean so I have decided to just go with it and use the dining room table to paint on knowing that I have time to be able to clear it away later when I want to eat my dinner.

I am so blessed to work in this way. In my "day job" I am a Photographer and Graphic Designer and life is pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment