Tuesday 15 April 2014

Emotionally Attached to my Journal

I need a new journal. I don't want a new journal, I like this one! Are you as emotionally attached to your journal as I am to mine? The spine is coming apart, it is bruised and battered and has been through stuff, a reflection of me I guess. I am just crazily attached to this journal and I would go as far as saying that it is the best journal that I have worked in so far. I don't know why in particular. The paper in it isn't the best but I think for me it is the perfect size and snugglyness. I know that is a weird thing to say but I just like holding it and being with it. I am sad that it is coming to an end.

But coming to an end it is and I need to now start to think about making or buying a new one. It is like a book though, you can't start a new one because you are so wrapped up in and still digesting the old one. It has to be done though and I am just having that internally struggle as to whether to make a new one or buy one. There are pros and cons to both. Making your own does give it a soul before it has even been worked it but then I do like the quality of a shop bought bound one. Oh the decisions!

Only a jounaller knows the feeling of the emotional attachment to your journal!


No comments:

Post a Comment