Friday 25 April 2014

Managing the day in chunks - Filofax Friday - Week 16

Even though it has technically been a short week what with the bank holiday this week to me seems to have been really long, that could be because I have a lot of work on at the moment with my 'day job'. It is because I am juggling several things at the moment and trying to fit it all in the day / week that I have needed to look at how I am managing my time again. I don't have appointments or meetings everyday but I do have a large to do list at the moment so I have been looking at ways in which I can chunk my days down in order to accomplish those things and I am basically setting myself an appointment with my emails. It may seem daft but it is really working for me.

Ignore that it says July, I just used a blank week for demonstration purposes!

So anyway I explain it all in this weeks video and it probably makes more sense when you hear me explaining it all!




Homework
Remember it is not compulosry, no one will know if you have done it or not. I am just setting prompts / tasks for you to help and motivate you in this series. Pick and choose each week whether you would like to do the homework or not it is entirely up to you! If you ever need to ask or clarify anything with me please do get in touch through any of the social media platforms. Sometimes it takes a while but I do reply to each and every message that is left for me.


So this week I want you to start to look at your day and see if there is anything that you can do to help make it run that more smoothly. I am not saying that my way is how it should be for you, far from it. I am a strong believer that you need to find a way that works for you whatever that may be. I just want you to question that way every now and then and for you to be honest with yourself as to whether it is really working or not.

In the picture above, this is what I have been doing pretty much every day and it is working for me. I would like you to try doing that (watch the video first, it will make more sense that way!) first to see if that makes any difference to your day.

Let me know how you are getting on, I love to hear from you all!

Sorry this is a super quick blog post from me this week, I must dash, I have those million and one things to do before the week is out (yes I am writing this at 9.30 am on the days this goes live lol!) and get over to my client and I really need that cup of tea and planning session!

Have fun this week and I really hope that looking at your day in a different way will help you accomplish more things too!

Much love x

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the video. Im feeling overwhelmed with all my to do list and sometimes don't know where to start. Im going to try this I always like learning new ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome, it is always useful to see how other people do it isn't it, sometimes it works and I hope it does for you x

      Delete
    2. Your welcome, I think it is useful to see how other people do it sometimes. I hope it works for you x

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I'm really nice find organizing tips on the web. Will be a problem for you if I will translate this tips for my italian readers? Obviously I will link your post at the end of the post! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, not at all, please do go ahead.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I don't understand I would like to speak about you on my site. I like your video and I thought that you will be happy that your content could arrive in another country, but I will respect you decision and I I will post some methods of time management I will not refer to you as example to follow.

      Delete