Thursday 26 January 2017

This is my year



This months box was something very special. I haven't worked with anything quite like it. There was such a luxurious feel to it. I decided it would make the ideal creative journal page to kick off the year. So I got out my paints and gold shimmering ink, and started to play!
 

The photo doesn't do any justice, but I prepped the pages using black watercolour and a wonderful copper ink that has a shimmer effect to it. As I waited for that to dry I cut out, from the cardstock, two labels to decide which one to use in my spread. I then added coordinating twine.

 

To set the tone for 2017 I chose to focus on what I wanted to accomplish. Cutting out wording from one of the journal cards, I printed off a meaningful image, something that symbolized art, and put them all together with the tag I made earlier.

 
 

 To show the sheer versatility of these boxes, I made a shaker tip in to add to the page. A reminder to 'Dream Big'...
 

I also made a double sided shaker dashboard for a pocket size travelers notebook... 

For me it was a challenge of sorts not having any colour to play around with, so this really stretched me creatively. I'm really pleased with the outcome and with how much I was able to get from this box, having so much left over still!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment