Thursday 15 March 2018

Creating a traveler's notebook style folio

Creating a traveler's notebook style folio using Anna's Patreon collage sheets

 It's no secret that I am *obsessed* with Anna's acrylic pour collage sheets so I wanted to make a project where I could use them everyday.  I have made myself a little traveler's notebook style travel-folio so that I can document my holidays.



This is how I made it:

I took 3 pieces of card, measuring the same size.  You can use any size for this, mine were 100mm by 175mm (I chose this size so that I could insert personal sized travelers notebooks later if I wanted to) as long as your pieces are the same size.  I also cut three thin pieces of card about 1.5mm thick (175mm long) - these are the spines of your traveler's notebook.   I took some masking tape and stuck these together, with a tiny gap between each one so that the card could fold:






I then cut out three pieces of paper the same size as my big pieces of card from Anna's collage sheets and glued these to cardstock, I used washi tape to cover the spines.

Essentially this is it.  I cut some mixed media paper, folded it in half and used an elastic to secure this inside the traveler's notebook - this is for my journaling while I am away.  All you need is another elastic and you can add as many notebooks or pieces of paper as will fit.  I glued in some pockets to the inside of my traveler's notebook so that I can keep receipts and tokens while I am away, and I added a sticker to the front.  It'll probably be decorated a lot more while I am away but for now I wanted to keep it simple.





I hope you like this project, I can see myself making this type of thing again, and altering the size to suit my needs.  I like the idea of being able to choose the collage sheets that best suit my project.
Don't forget to check out Anna's Patreon which includes all of Anna's beautiful collage sheets including these gorgeous acrylic pours as well as art tutorials. You can find more of my art here, on my blog, or on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment