Saturday 17 March 2018

Hopes & Dreams Art Journal Process

Join me today as I create an art journal page! I am taking part in March meet the maker over on my social media channels and one of the prompts was 'dreams & plans'. I wasn't sure what to post for this prompt photography wise so I sat down at my desk to have a little play with the silk acrylics as I had yet to use them. As I was laying down paint and enjoying being lost in the process I decided to turn this into an art journal page, a place for me to write down my hopes and dreams.



I started with a dry brush and just played with the paint seeing how it went down on the paper. I then used a wet brush again to see how the medium felt. I carried on with more colours layering up and having fun. I then used the paint straight from the nib to make cute dots all over the page. I then used some ink to make yummy drips!



I had a face already painted but used the silks for the hair and it turned out to be a self portrait!

I absolutely love how it turned out!







If you would like to watch the process of this please check out my video:






No comments:

Post a Comment