Thursday 19 December 2013

Gingerbread Fudge

I just thought I would share a little recipe with you. I made this last year for Christmas but it was too late once I had photographed it and posted it to then share it with you lovely people but here it is now, nice and early so you have plenty of time to make it yourself.

It is really yummy but the flavour can be quite intense or sickly. It is also quite sweet so you only need a square or two at a time.

I found gingerbread man sprinkles in my local cake decorating shop so I added those to the top whilst the fudge was cooling and I think it looks quite sweet.

Have fun!!



Ingredients:
  • 350 gram(s) white chocolate broken up
  • 397 gram(s) condensed milk
  • 30 gram(s) butter
  • 1 tsp of grated nutmeg
  • 1tsp grated ginger (or ginger powder if you prefer)
  • Sprinkles!
Method:
  • Put the chocolate, butter and condensed milk into a pan onto the hob and heat gently until the chocolate and butter have melted. Add in your spices.
  • Line a tray with greaseproof paper, shiny side up so that the edges hand over the tray. 
  • If you would like sprinkles running through the inside of the fudge, add them to the saucepan mix now and stir very gently so they don't dissolve.
  • Tip the mix gently into your tray. Tip any sprinkles on top and then pop the tray into the fridge to harden and set.
  • Once cool take out of the fridge and use the greaseproof paper sides to lift out. Chop up into desired piece.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment