Wednesday 4 December 2013

my new indulgent splurge

If you follow me over on instagram you will know that last week I went in to Cambridge, primarily because we went to see Texas in concert at the Corn Exchange which incidentally was amazing. Her voice is stunning. Anyways we went in to the City a bit earlier in the afternoon to have a browse and a mooch about. For a while now I felt like I could do with a new reddish / pink lipstick because I was not entirely sure that the ones I were using suited me. I seem to have hit that age now where I have changed my tastes in make up and what I wear, I don't know if it is an age thing or what it is but still my tastes have changed.

I decided to seek the help from a make up counter assistant and thus have a splurge purchase rather than try and go it alone and choose myself as after all I did need the advice on what suits me. I am so glad that I did becuase the colour that she advised and that I purchased I absolutely love! I think it really suits me and I am so pleased with it and the results.






The lipstick and colour that I went for was no23 Rouge Coco from Chanel and it cost £24 from Boots. It is very highly pigmented and I literally only needed one coat, it went on like butter and is not drying at all. In fact it is really hard wearing too and lasts hours with no need to reapply. I have been really impressed. I have found in the past with other lower priced lipsticks that you have to really work at them and that they are quite hard and then have very little staying power. I know this is a little more pricey than some lipsticks but I think the quality and staying power is worth it. My advice to you is, if you can, save your Boots advantage card points up and treat yourself to a little self indulgent splurge and you will be glad you did!


No comments:

Post a Comment