Friday 14 March 2014

Upcycling into your Filofax - Filofax Friday - Week 10

This week I wanted to introduce to you the concept of upcycling in your Filofax or Day Planner. This is something that I did over Christmas in 2013. I received a large chocolate santa in an acetate box with cute snowflakes all over. I sat there looking at the box after having ripped the head off the santa thinking, that would be a really cool book mark / flyleaf for my Filofax. So that is what I turned it into. You can see the vlog I did on that day below if you are interested in that. (I will put it right at the bottom of this blog post as it is not the video for today's Filofax Friday!). I got a box of chocolates the other day and I really liked the pattern on the box and thought it too would make a great bookmark. So that is what I thought I would share with you this week for Filofax Friday - A bit of upcycling into your Filofax!

)

Homework
Again this week there is home for you to complete if you would like to do so. Remember it is not compulsory, no one will know if you have done it or not. I am just setting prompts / tasks for you to help and motivate you in this series. Pick and choose each week whether you would like to do the homework or not it is entirely up to you! If you ever need to ask or clarify anything with me please do get in touch through any of the social media platforms.

1. Start looking at your rubbish in a whole new light - save anything that you like and you think you could turn into something!

2. Make something, just one thing for your Filofax out of a piece of rubbish you have saved.

Download
There is no download this week.

Next Week
See you next week for a tour / set up of my A5 Apex that I use for all my daily life, personal and work related. I know you want a nosey!

Finally...
Thank you for watching / reading folks and enjoy your planning.

Remember your planner will only work for you and help keep you organised and on track if you use it. 

So here is the Vlog video I mentioned at the very beginning of this blog post. You are welcome to watch the whole thing but if you want to see the specific dashboard section in the video you will want to start watching at 4:46 until 10:44!

 )

4 comments:

  1. Dear mrs Brimbles, my biggest challenge is using my planner everyday. Would you hold a 30-day challenge for those of us newbies who are having trouble getting started?? Love your videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh crikey! I will try and think of something but not making any promises xx

      Delete
  2. Love your videos and blog - thank you.
    Please can you tell me what make and size your corner cutter is?
    I don´t do scrap-booking so don´t know much about them, but would love to cut the corners of some planner pages - and you make it look so easy! :)
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelia.
      I honestly don't know as it doesn't say, it was just a cheapy one that I picked up in Dunelm one day. I think you can buy them in most craft shops. As I say mine is cheap and it works just fine so you should be ok with any x

      Delete