Monday 25 September 2017

Autumn art journal pages


I have loved the artwork Anna has given us this month. The style is very much aimed towards Autumn, yey! I decided to create two spreads, it took me a while to work out what I wanted to do. I always look forward to seeing Anna's mixed media work, this month featured one of my favourite colours, purple! It has depth, there's splashes of gold to give it a rich feel and it HAD to go into my art journal. I teamed this page with a similar background featuring a Badger painted at the front. I've looked closely at the Badger and love how Anna has used different textures in the facial area. Once I had these stuck down, I remembered I had some Recollections washi tape that would match perfectly. I wanted to finish the page but not use washi that would distract the eye. At this point, I didn't really know what to do. I didn't want to add too much more as I liked it how it was. However I need pages to have meaning, although the page looked lovely, it had to soul. So I had it open on my desk for a good week. After a while I started to recognise the Badger as a character. He began to have personality. I've now come to the point where I would love to write a Children's story based on the Badger. This sparked the title on the opposite page of 'Tea with Mr Pottinger". I have the story in my head, or at least the bones of it and that is where it will stay until I get it on paper.

  FullSizeRender (43)

I then created a second spread. There were so many beautiful elements, I needed to use them! I decided to create a spread dedicated to Autumn and being cosy. Anna's large half mug of tea became the focal point and everything else worked around this.
  IMG_5386

I used watercolours to create a movement background, to feel like leaves in Autumn. I then added little messages about what I love at this time of year.
  FullSizeRender (42)

Happy Autumn! Kelly xxx Where else you can find me: YouTube Instagram Pinterest Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment