Saturday 23 September 2017

Sketchy faces art journal spread

I don't know about you, but the bit of chill in the air in the morning now is putting me in the Autumn mood. I'm looking forward to warm jumpers, hot chocolate and art journaling with a fragrant candle burning nearby.

My little girl has a few disabilities that make her different from her friends and now that she's starting to notice them, I've been working hard on helping her to see that those differences are part of who she is - a funny, affectionate and clever little person.  Creating a page for this month's blog was perfect for helping me to work through my feelings about it all as well.


I have used Anna's Sketchy Girls Patreon tutorials to draw my people on the right hand page. I wanted to keep them looking quite simple and plain, in contrast to the face on the left hand side. For that, I stamped a face using Jane Davenport's face stamps, coloured it in quite simply and cut it out. I used Brusho powders in 3 colours and sprayed them with water to create her hair and then stuck the face on top. I stamped out the quote using some alphabet stamps and that was that.

Don't forget to check out Anna's Patreon and you can find more of my art here, or on my blog, or on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment