Monday 9 October 2017

Autumn Bullet Journal, Art and Creative Journal Inspiration




I see a lot of posts in the planner and creative journal groups asking for ideas on using their printables, papers and creative kits. For this post I am using Anna's patreon resources (workshops, videos and printables) to give you some inspiration on how you might use them in your own planners, creative journals, art journals and on memory keeping pages.

Art / Creative Journal Page



The October printables are stunning. I created a post last week using the canvas style printables where I created a Flower Art Journal Page, so I wanted to create a smaller page spread for my creative art journal to maybe add some memory keeping to. I started by adding some watercolour and alcohol ink in Autumnal colours to the page. I then added the amazing watercolour fox printable and added some definition to this by adding a darker colour behind it. I wanted the watercolour to be a bit more abstract than my usual style, so added a few swirls and splodges in watercolour to add a bit more interest to the page.



Next I added the Autumn printable brush lettering header and painted over the white in the same colour paint I had used on the page. I added embellishments of autumnal washi tape, a cut out from a Brimbles Box scrapbook paper which I added an Autumn quote to in a white posca pen.



Lastly definition was added by drawing an outline to frame the page in brown watercolour and used the white paint pen to draw out details on the page. I love the result of the vibrant colours and that cute Mr Foxy.



Bullet Journal Autumn Page
I won an Instagram prize a few weeks ago: The Little Bullet Book, which is stunning and wanted to make a start straight away. I used Anna's Patreon Printables to accent the page and it has really made the bujo spread pop. I love how the October header sets off the page and that stag is soooo beautiful. I love how the page is simple but effective; I can't wait to get planning. I have a busy month ahead, but I get to end it all in Brussels for Plannercon Europe.



Autumn Planner Dashboard
My final make was to update one of my pocket dashboards. I used a tutorial from a UK Planner to make a dashboard pouch pocket a while back and had already added the gold spray around a flower embellishment from a Stamping Up kit. Anna's bear from the collage sheet and an acorn. I again used a white paint pen to add the Happy Autumn writing.




I love my Autumn set up and have got so much use out the September kit. It is now used in my planner, bullet journal, creative journal and an art journal. Hopefully you will be able to give some of these a go and maybe it's given you some ideas as to how you can use the collage sheets in your own planning and creative works. There are so many options, so don't hold back. printable images can be used in anything you do, you just need to go with the flow and don't overthink it. I now feel a scrapbook page coming on for my next little project.

​Thank you for reading, do check out the amazing collage sheets and videos at Anna’s Patreon here

Kerry xxx
​Visit my blog – www.kerrymaymakes.weebly.com

Follow me on  social media:

​Instagram  |  You Tube  |  Pinterest |  
Twitter |  ​ ​​FB Art Journaling Group


No comments:

Post a Comment