Tuesday 1 July 2014

My Current Journal Collection {Part Two}

Following on from last week I wanted to share with you the remainder of my current journals. If you missed last week you can see it on this blog post.

So let's get straight into it, here are the rest of the journals that I keep...

Anniversary Journal

When we got married I had a picture of us printed onto a notebook from Photobox and I only ever write in this journal once a year on or around our wedding anniversary. Mr B and I went to school together and we have known each other since we were 11, only getting together as a couple age 16 when we left school and realised that we missed seeing each other everyday. We then married in 2007 and this journal was started on our one year anniversary.


In this journal I record how we celebrated our actually anniversary and I also record things like where we are at in our life, what we have done or accomplished that year and our goals and aspirations for the coming year. I also like to record some factual data as follows:

  • Who was no 1 in the music charts
  • The price of a pint of milk
  • The price of a load of bread
  • The price of a litre of fuel
  • Who is Prime Minister
  • Our place of employment, job title and salary
  • Our address

I think these things would be really interesting to look at in years to come because it is those simple every day things that we take for granted when we are currently living them that would be fascinating in 50 years time!


Ideas Journal
I have an ideas journal for jotting down and recording all of those little things that one day I may want to refer to.

Home decor ideas
I have a journal dedicated to the house with ideas and inspiration for possible decoration. Whenever I see something in a magazine I clip it out and stick it in. I didn't want to make any rash decisions when it came to decorating the house as this is a long term project so we want to make sure we get it right and take time to formulate our ideas!

Character journal
My character journal is a journal written by my alter ego 'Elana'. It is kind of a work of fiction but also an outlet when I was going through a very rough time in my life. I could write as this person and have fun in a mystical world. To be perfectly honest I haven't written in this for way over a year, which is great in a lot of ways but also I feel it is a shame as I liked her and the story. Maybe I could pick it up again now I am in a better, brighter place?

Meditation / Dream Journal
I like to meditate frequently so I have a journal beside me so that I can jot down anything that comes to me afterwards. I also have some funky dreams sometimes so I like to record those in their too.

Faces Sketchbook
Last but not least I have a sketchbook dedicated to my drawing study of faces. I was always told off at college for drawing what was in my head rather than what I saw so every now and then I like to have a practise and as I very often like to draw / paint faces in my art journal then this is great practise for me. Again I haven't used this one in a while but it it there if I want to. This is a sketch from about a year and a half ago...


And that folks sums up my current journal collection. For now. It will change, I know it will, the reason I know it will as I have something on order currently so that will add to my collection in a matter of weeks. And then of course I will finish my art journal so it will be on to a new one. So it kind of changes in as much as the book itself will change but the format may not. Who knows, lets just wait and see!


I would love to see your journals if you would like to share them with me :D

6 comments:

  1. I love your anniversary journal, that's a fantastic idea and you are right it will be really interesting to look back on what is in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, I think so too, I would love if my parents had something like this, I would love to know and hopefully when we are old and grey we can look back on it fondly too :D
      Never too late to start one...

      Delete
  2. I think it's quite amazing that you manage to keep so many journals! Also really love your anniversary journal - such a lovely idea! It'll be great to look back on, especially with the prices aha! If I remember when I get married (not happening any time soon!), I am so doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is easy after a while especially as I don't use them all everyday, just now and then when I fancy it. You could always do a birthday journal with the same sort of info x

      Delete
  3. I love the wedding journal idea. I'm just dipping my toe into the world of filofax and journals and the wedding journal seems like a really simple place to start. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, you will love the journey it is really great fun x

      Delete