Friday 4 July 2014

My Pocket Filofax set up as a Purse / Wallet - Filofax Friday

Happy Filofax Friday! This week I thought I would share with you what I am doing with the most beautiful perfect little pocket Saffiano in aqua.

For those of you who aren't aware, I was gven this free by a local supermarket (I explain all in this weeks video, well a short version or if you want the longer version you can watch my vlog here). I fell in love with it instantly but wasn't sure what to do with it, I mean I have two pocket sizes already that I am not doing anything with but I love this little beauty so much that I knew I had to do something with it. I just had to!

I had seen quite a few people who had turned their Filofaxes into purses / wallets and as the purse that I was using was on it's way out I thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to try doing the very same thing. So here it is, here is how I have set him up as my everyday purse...


Isn't he just stunning, beautiful in every way. I don't know why I am calling him a him but I am lol!


So moving on to the inside, on the left hand side there are two business card slots which I am using to house my bank cards. I really like these slots as they are nice and deep which means your cards fit in nice and snuggly so they don't fall out but not too snug so that you can't get them out when you need to pay! I also like that they cover your card details up so not everyone can see them when you have your purse open. Behind the card slots in a nice open pocket,  just perfect for tucking your receipts into quickly after you have made your purchase.

On the right hand side you will see that I have made my own zippered pouch which is where I am keeping my coins. I don't carry that many, most places I use my cards but now and then I need a few coins so they are kept in there. Next week I will be sharing a tutorial with you on how I made this pouch which you can also upscale for using in your personal or A5 sizes as a pencil case!


On the left here you can see the reverse of my coin pouch and on the right I have a much smaller pouch that I made, this one I made first and not quite the right size but I am still using it to house my notes (not that I have many lol!)


Next up I have one of my bunny dashboards for something cute to look at and also to protect some of the items behind it. If you were interested in any of my dasboards they are for sale in my Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/mrsbrimbles


Moving on I have a plastic sleeve which came with the Filofax and in there I am just keeping any coupons that I have so that they are on hand when I am out shopping in case I want to use them!


Next you will see on the left I have a mint acetate / flyleaf with pink hearts on which was very kindly sent to me by Becks of Just Keep Pinning and these are available to purchase in her Etsy store. The on the right I printed out a picture of Mr B and I, laminated it and hole punched it. I love having a picture or two to take around with me and this gives me the opportunity to have a larger one rather than a passport size one like I used to have in my old purse. The photo is double sided and at some point I will also add some pictures of the bunnies and piggies!


Here you can see the other side of the photograph and also on the right hand side I have a zip plastic pouch that I purchased. I purchased this from ebay although it is a Filofax brand and I think it cost me £1.50. I originally purchased it with the view of using it to keep my coins in, however I am really disappointed with the quality of the zip. It is very loose and it looks like with a couple of uses it will break so not at all good for coins. I thought I might be able to keep it for receipts, coupons that sort of thing. We will see, I may just take it out if it is not surving any purpose!


Moving on I have two sets of plastic business card sleeves. Again I purchased these from ebay and they are the Filofax brand and they cost me £2. I am really very disappointed with these but I am hoping that they might get better with use. The holes are really tight and it is hard to turn them over on the rings, it is like they haven't quite been punched in the right place. I am hoping that the more I use them they might loosen up a bit or I will see if I can make them wider. I really don't want to damage my rings by keep trying to get them to turn over! Also the top slot is great, cards fit in well and are easy to take out but not slip out, however the ones on the bottom it is a real tight job to get them out. I will see how I go with it but I may look at a different alternative, maybe use another zip pouch or something.


And lastly at the back I have the notepad that it came with. A little pointless at the moment as I don't have a pen in my pen loop lol!


So there we go folks, there is my current set up. I will run with it for a while and see how I like it and see if I want to make any changes. If you don't try these things then you don't know! If it bugs they hell out of me then I can always change it and then go back to an actually person if I really need to. I just think it is fun experimenting and seeing what you like.

Do you use a Filofax / planner as a purse? I would love to see yours if you would like to show me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment