Friday 24 April 2015

Using the Staying Inspired section in my Websters Pages Color Crush Planner

I thought today I would share with you how I have been using my 'staying inspired' section in my Websters Pages Color Crush planner.

At first I wasn't sure what to do with these pages and I know I am not alone as I have had comments and questions from you guys about it too. To be quite honest I could just leave the pages in there and not physically do anything with them because they are just so beautiful to look at. Your comments to me have been the same so I know everyone is in love with those pages. Some of you weren't really sure what the point of them is but what you have to remember is that Websters Pages are / were, first and foremost a scrapbooking company so it stands to reason that they would bring elements of scrapbooking and memory keeping through to their planners. As a journaller, this aspect is really appealing to me as you know that I like to memory keep myself. I don't scrapbook in the traditional sense but then I think that in itself is a dying trend with smashbooks, project life, planners etc becoming more and more popular.

As you know I am a bit of a nerd and I do enjoy experimenting and playing around with new things in my planner. It took me a while to know what I wanted to do with the pages though I have to say so you are probably not alone too! I had my planner out on my desk the other day whilst I was doing a spot of journalling so I had a load of ephemera out on my desk as well as some instagram snaps and then the idea hit me. I don't know why it hadn't before! Of course, these pages are just personal sized scrapbook paper so why not do a bit of scrapbooking / smashbooking on them. I know revolutionary thinking huh! So anyway that is what I did, you wanna see...







 I also have a video showing my pages off and talking a bit more about them:


So basically these pages can be anything that you want them to be. Here are my ideas:
  1. Use the papers to add photos and collage elements on so you have photos of your loved ones to look at when you are out and about
  2. 'smash' bits and bobs that you have like ticket stubs and receipts on the pages for memory keeping
  3. Stick paint charts and other bits that inspire you on the pages to use them as a mood board
  4. Laminate them and use them as dashboards
  5. If you don't want to use them in your planner take them out and add them to your journals as background papers or wrip them up for use in mixed media projects
  6. If you find the paper 'too chaotic' just keep the 'staying inspired' tab in your planner and put other paper behind it for jotting down ideas or things that inspire you.
  7. If they really don't work for you, don't sweat it, just take them out. Just because they are in there does not mean that you have to use them OK
A lot of people see that a planner should be a planner and journals should be journals. I know the whole decorating your planner thing can sometimes get mixed reactions. Plannerisms wrote a really interesting article on this recently so if you haven't seen that do go and check it out. I personally do very much enjoy decorating my planner. For me it is another creative outlet. I find it really relaxing to stick stickers down, I have said this before I know. I like the cross over with planner / journal / memory keeping and this is something I want to explore more myself. Suzi Blu is a mixed media artist and this is something that she does with her planners and I love looking at her pages! Again this is another reason why I truly enjoy the Websters Pages Color Crush Planners, because it allows me to get more creative or give a little spark that I wouldn't have neccessarily thought of before.

So come on how are you using your pages? Please show me because I want to see!

1 comment:

  1. I don't decorate much, but then I don't have your skill level in art, either! Your planner is beautiful. And even though I am one of the more functional planner peeps, you definitely inspire lots of my blog readers. They mention you all the time!

    ReplyDelete