Wednesday 5 October 2016

Boho Creativity


geraldinejayne.com

In the September Brimbles Box I was in my element! There was so much in there to get creative with. I still have loads left over. I chose the stationery box. If you missed my last post here are the contents...
  geraldinejayne.com

I'm currently journaling on many different topics such as, gratitude, affirmations, etc. I'm using Tomoe River paper and making my own inserts. I find this paper takes inks and paints very well. As I experimented with the stamps from this months box I struck upon an idea using watercolours. On a piece of paper I watercoloured on, I stamped the dreamcatcher stamp...

  geraldinejayne.com

This then gave me another idea. To use watercolours to paint the dreamcatcher in a way that was new to me. After using waterproof ink to stamp my dreamcatcher, I got out the paints I had purchased from Anna's shop. You may/may not be aware that she currently stocks art supplies. See here.

geraldinejayne.com

 I then chose colours I was drawn to, and painted onto the dreamcatcher, letting the colour run.
  geraldinejayne.comNext I stamped the quote "Dream Big" from the stamp set. geraldinejayne.com

I loved how it turned out so much that I then turned it into an insert for one of my Travelers Notebooks...
  geraldinejayne.com

This month I started a course, some of you may be familiar with, called The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I'm using a Fauxdori bought from Flying Tiger to document my progress. I thought it would be a lovely idea to decorate it using the stickers from this months box...

  geraldinejayne.com

I loved this months Brimbles stationery box. As I mentioned earlier I still have loads left over! I feel like I must have used it up after everything I did with it. But I still have ephemera, stickers, post it's, and washi left. The postcard, which is really special to me, has a place reserved for it on my new vision board...

  geraldinejayne.com

 If you would like to see an unboxing of this box, please visit my YouTube channel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment