Saturday 22 October 2016

Meet the new members of the design team - Kelly




Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, who's on the Mrs Brimbles Design Team?? I is on the Mrs Brimbles Design Team!!! Yeahhhhh! As you can probably tell, I'm so happy about this!!!! Ok so a bit of history, I first found out about the lovely Anna AKA Mrs Brimbles via Youtube. I was trying to find out about the Filofax Domino and wasn't sure whether to get one. I watched this video and was completely enabled! I have now had a turquoise A5 Filofax Domino for about a year and a half.

  IMG_8265 (1) 

At the time, I didn't even know how popular Anna was. In fact, I think I carried on watching videos about Filofaxes....oblivious! However, I later started up my shop and asked for shop advice in a group. A little picture of Red Fraggle (Anna's profile pic at the time) popped up and helped out with my query. I still didn't know who she was! Then I found the Brimbles box and subscribed. Then I found theYoutube channel (again). Then I found the group. THEN I found Anna!! I had a huge fan girl moment (after a wine) and sent a direct message saying the whole 'oh my god, you're Red Fraggle! Thank you so much for helping me! You're her aren't you!? The one from my ipad screen???". Thankfully Anna doesn't use Facebook Direct messaging.

 So fast forward, I worked hard at my own Youtube channel and blog. I also put everything into my shop. I was lucky enough to attend Planner Con where I met Anna and Jon, in fact I met them at the meal the night before. We clicked straight away and I felt like I had known her all my life. I also met Geraldine Jayne at Planner Con who I'd already built a friendship with and was so pleased to finally meet face to face. The same goes for Gemma Rose and Hannah Johnson, more online friends I was delighted to meet. [gallery ids="963,960" type="rectangular"] Through this my networks built. I got speaking to Daisy, Chloe and Tash. Again three lovely ladies I am so pleased to have in my life. There are some new people I have now got chatting to in the team and I love them all. So welcoming and friendly (Hi Debbie, Stef, Brigitte, Suzi and Margie!). In fact I was so excited to see Suzi Blu on the team as it's another Youtube channel I love. With the team itself, I randomly applied on a whim around Christmas last year. The applications weren't open but I take chances. You never know what will happen. Of course nothing happened but Anna invited me to apply again this year with everyone else. FYI this isn't why I got on the team, because I'd already tried once before. Lot's has happened since then. I wasn't sure the team would be expanded with all the changes at the moment but when I saw the application post I knew I had to try again. I applied straight away! I didn't know what would happen, there are so many talented people out there. I kind of applied and put it out of my mind, so I wouldn't over think it. When I got the email from Anna inviting me to be on the team, I literally squealed haha. I was sat with Jeni Bristow (another member of Mrs Brimbles Happy Place). She was thrilled for me and couldn't wait to hear more. It took about 4 days to process the fact that I had been accepted. It fell at the same time as the UKPA Big Meet 2016 so there was a lot in my head. I've now had time to sit and bask in my happiness. I can't wait to see what the future will bring, exciting times ahead!! Kelly xxx Anna's announcement Anna's tips on applying to a creative design team

No comments:

Post a Comment