Wednesday 16 November 2016

Christmas Planner Set Up


img_9391new

I've been wanting to do this for a while but waited until I got this months Brimbles box. The reason being is that it's Christmas themed! It's a fantastic box! This is the first Brimbles box where we no longer have an A5/personal/stationery type box. There is now have one main box for everyone. Included in the box were:
  • Three 12x12 scrapbook papers (one of which could be cut up for journal cards) All had Anna's artwork
  • Washi Tape
  • Santa Paperclip by Cherry Blossom in the Market Square
  • Two packets of stickers with Anna's designs (images and word strips)
  • Enamel Dots with Anna's designs
  • Sticker sheet by PinkBonBons
  • List Pad with Anna's design
  • Sticky Notes with Anna's design
I already had my Pillar box red Original Filofax in Personal waiting for this! I have included other items in my planner setup, some from the Brimbles shop/past boxes, some from other shops. I will link everything (if the items no longer exist for sale, I will link the shop). One little thing I want to show is the Santa planner charm I've used. I LOVE this charm. It was in last years November Brimbles box. I had it ready and waiting haha.
  IMG_9393.JPG

So my dashboard! I wanted it to explode Christmas but also have a traditional feel. There's quite a bit in my dashboard section. So to begin on the left hand side. At the moment I've chosen a black Inkjoy pen, nothing fancy but I like the way it writes. I've taken a section of scrapbook paper from Anna's 12x12 designs, I love this plaid pattern. It works so well for what I wanted to capture in my planner. In front of that I have a series of paperclips, the round ones were from Mrs Brimbles shop. They were tin pin embellishments that I turned into paperclips. The Santa is by Cherry Blossom in the Market Square. The ribbon is by Santoro and the envelope is by Docrafts. I've then taken one of the journal cards (cut from the 12x12 sheet) and added it to the back pocket.
  IMG_9394.JPGOn the right I have layers and pockets! Two of my favourite things! At the front I have another journal card which I've laminated and punched into the planner. It has that gorgeous pattern and a huge 25 on it! Best day of December!
  IMG_9395.JPG

Underneath this I have a planner pocket made by The Sew Unique I bought this at the UKPA Big Meet. I'd seen teaser images for this product previously and made a beeline for them. This one caught my eye straight away. Again it has the pattern I was after, the colours are rich but it also has shimmery fabric. It's beautiful. It has three pockets with the top one being quite deep. I've decorated it with the same products seen on the other side of the dashboard. I've also laminated one of the sticky notes and added that.

  IMG_9396.JPG

Behind this pocket, I have another dashboard section! This is a section from the 12x12 scrapbook paper cut down to personal size. One of my favourite journal cards from the selection has been added here, the cup. This is held down with gold washi from my shop and there's a little Christmas pudding sticker from this months box. Behind this I have a few more bits before you get into the planner. Another laminated journal card ( I can't get enough of them!) and the list pad paper. I've cut this down to fit and punched it. It'll be used as a quick notes section.
  IMG_9400.JPG

Onto the nitty gritty of the planner. I have been meaning to make my own Christmas Planner inserts but it hasn't happened. It's been a busy month with lots of changes, I've decided to stick to a sticker kit. To be released soon ;) But I needed planner inserts! I do prefer using other people's work, perhaps it's because I spend SO much time looking at my own work. I knew Anna had inserts on her Etsy shop for a whole range of things. I'd been eyeing up the Christmas inserts last year and decided this year, I needed them. You get loads for your money! You can setup your entire planner! There's two designs to choose from, a Gingerbread Man or a Deer. I decided to go for the Deer as it matched this planner setup. It is a download, as mentioned I make my own planner inserts so a download works well for me.
  img_9407

img_9408

In the inserts pack you get (description taken from listing): To Do Check list Shopping checklist Spending money / expenses tracker Recipe pages Notes paper Guests Tracker - keep track of when people are coming, where they are sleeping, what they can eat Gifts received and thank you note tracker Family Traditions Meal Planner sheets Diary inserts Christmas present tracker - keep tabs on who you have shopped for and what is left to buy Christmas card tracker Addresses
  IMG_9404.JPG

The last thing to show you from the planner setup are the dividers. These have scrapbook paper from the September Docrafts goody bag. I could have used the 12x12 scrapbook papers but I want to save the rest for TN dividers. The tabs were bought from Mrs Brimbles shop. I've purposely not labelled these. When I've used this method before, I find that I start to recognise the ephemera for the section included. I love how they've turned out, so festive!

  img_9412

This is what I have left over from the planner setup. All of these items will either be used in the planner as I start using it or I will use it in my creative journalling.
  img_9410

So that's what I've done with this months box so far and my Christmas planner setup!

 Thanks for stopping by, Kelly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment