Friday 16 December 2016

Creative Journaling #Winter.




So, this months Brimbles box has arrived and I swear I say this every time but this one really is my favourite so far and is absolutely filled with such wintery goodness!! 

Month after Month Anna always seems to out do herself and this month is definitely no exception. 

I had 2 Winter Mess do's this month so I know I wanted to capture at least one of them In my creative journal and this box is perfect for doing just that, all though Winter doesn't officially start until December 21st the Do's were both Winter themed and using the goodies from my box to decorate the spread seemed perfect and everything just ties together so 
well.

Isn't the Snownan / Stamp in this months box the cutest? I absolutely adore it and used it to make a thick flowing border at the top of my spreads using 4 different colours of Versa Magic Dew drop Chalk ink - I used GD- 15 Turquoise, GD-60 Tea Leaves, GD-75 Pink Petunia and GD - 36 P. Petunia I chose these colours as I think they work well with the theme of this months box.


I think the Turquoise ink also matches the Washi tape from this months box perfectly so I went ahead and used this at the bottom and left hand edge to bring the page in a little, I also like to put my elements at slight angles as opposed to having them all completely straight I think it adds a bit more depth to the spread and makes it less formal.




Another thing I love about the Brimbles box is the scrapbook paper we are getting more frequently as well as it being Annas own artwork which I adore it is so so versatile, I mean you really can do lots with scrapbook paper, I think people instantly think "well, I don't scrapbook but I can't use it" but you really can you can make Dashboards or dividers, cards and Happy mail, Insert covers, last month the lovely Gemma who is also on the DT made some Christmas baubles the list really is endless.

I used some of the Tartan pattern paper in this time as this One ties in most with my spread. I used it to frame my page title and some of my photos I had printed out on my polaroid zip - such a handy piece of equipment especially when doing any sort of journaling or scrapbooking, we got so much paper this month and I am so grateful as I find I never want to use my nicest paper because I don't ever want to run out of it but now I have lots left for many other projects.
I like to frame elements of my journal spreads as sometimes I can find they get a little lost if they aren't framed and this way it adds an extra bit of colour to the page.


I finished off by embellishing the spread with some of the stickers from the box (I am going to have to purchase multiples of these) some simple stories word stickers & alphas that I already had along with some Gold Heidi Swapp Emojis and some cute Washi I had shipped from Michaels in the USA.


I really love the simplicity of this spread and the way it turned out most definitely One of my faves now all that's left to do is write my entry but I will probably save that for another day.
One last thing I did do though was attach that gorgeous fluffy White pompom Keyring to the side of my Holiday Gold Zinnydori and it looks Gorgeous!!















No comments:

Post a Comment