Friday 30 December 2016

It's a bit chilly out there - Creative Journal Spread




Boxing day here in Manchester was absolutely gorgeous yet bitterly cold! It truly fit this months Brimbles Box theme. I decided to document the day in my creative journal using items from the stationery box and Foil & snow stickers by Crate Paper. I began by preparing my pages using watercolours and gesso. This gives a beautiful background which will complement the theme. Then I had to choose which journal card from the 12x12 sheet to use. I went with the cute polar bear bear as the title fit the description of the day so well! It was more than a bit cold though...it was bloomin freezing!

 

I then stuck down the card and photo and decorated the page with stickers. Using the snowflake stamp, which came with the box, I stamped on some snowflakes and thought it would look pretty to add some Glamour dust.


 

Finally I wrote about the afternoon. Sometimes, I'll draw fine pencil lines to keep my writing straight.




 I love the faux fur keyring and pen! These were a lovely touch to the theme of the box. I'm now looking ahead to the new year and will be doing a lot more journaling. I can't wait to see what's in next months box!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment