Tuesday 19 May 2015

dear friend...the journal of a lifetime

Dear Friend...

You have been in my life for so long, I can't even remember a time when you weren't around. We have been so much together, we grew up together, did crazy things together. Where has the time gone? I don't know how to tell you how much you mean to me, I just can't seem to find the words to express that and to thank you for being the bestest friend a girl could ever have. You turned 30, how on earth did that happen? The last time I looked we were sitting together under the fort we had made playing with your sylvanian familes and now look. We are all grown up with proper jobs, houses, cars and significant others. You have been through it all with me and you probably know me better than I know myself. You tell me when I am over thinking things again and you plant my feet firmly back on the ground. I don't know what to give you for your birthday so I give us this. I give you the gift of time and memories. I will take you to London for the day shopping, to see the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum and then I will take you to see Phantom of the Opera. I also give you this, the gift of our friendship...





That was five years ago this coming September. I had no idea what to get my bestest friend in the whole wide World for her birthday. She has everything, short of giving her the moon what could I give her? Then one day I stumbled accross this journal in a gift shop and I had a 'Eureka moment'. I bought it, followed the prompts, wrote my memories down and pasted photos of us in.

She loves it and it sits proudly on her bookshelf. We were talking the other day about something and she said 'hang on a mo' and went and got this book to look at something. You know I had totally forgotten about it until that day, she hadn't, she reads it regularly. I asked to borrow it so I could read it again and remember everything that I had written and to also share it with you as I know my journal and memory keeping friends you will love it too!

The book is by 'from you to me' and they have loads in the range for most relationships so if you are looking for a gift for a hard to buy for person, this might be just what you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment