Sunday 20 September 2015

Get to know the Design Team - Stef

Hello from Australia! I’m super excited to be a part of the wonderful group of women who make up Mrs. Brimble’s Design Team this year.

Let me introduce myself: my name is Stef (aka Noveltea Corner) and I’m a twenty-something year old primary school teacher from Melbourne, Australia. Five days a week I get up early and head in to work with my wonderful class of 23 five-six year old students - which is a wonderful job that requires a lot of dedication and creativity. Which is perfect, because for as long as I can remember, I’ve been the crafty sort!
I’m forever looking at new and fun craft activities (for me and my class) and road testing them and trying out new skills. I’m definitely a paper girl - give me paper and I can guarantee I’ll turn it into something - who loves planners, Project Life, water colouring, drawing Zentangles and experimenting with hand-lettering.

Last year, in 2014, I discovered the planner community. (Also, Youtube. Yes… I am a later comer to Youtube. Please don’t judge me!)
My mind was completely blown. I was completely amazed by the planners and planner decorating craze that really picked up in 2014, which inspired me to go out and purchase my very first Kikki.K planner.
I actually had no idea what to do with it. I plan a lot as a teacher, but I didn’t keep a personal planner for myself. In fact, I hadn’t kept a paper planner for many years, so it took some getting used to again and a bit of dedication.

Since then - I confess - I’ve gone a bit planner crazy and the thing I look forward to on the weekend is sitting down and creating a fun new layout for my week. Somewhere in that time frame I started a YouTube channel, and in the last few months it’s really become my place to share my planners and planner decorations with fellow planner fans. I also set up an Etsy store and a new (crafty) blog.
I’m a big fan of using what you have. (I’m also really bad at buying all the Pretty Shiny Things… but I’m trying to get better at saying no, I promise!) I know lots of people are bit fans of planner stickers, but where possible, I love to create my own. Pinterest and Google are full of amazing images that you can print out for your own use on sticker paper (or even plain paper, if you’re happy to glue it in your planner!) and it’s very cost effective in the long-run, not to mention super customisable to your own needs. I’ve become obsessed with teaching myself to hand letter (in my own way) things just to add a bit of variety to my skills.

I also make my own digital background designs and printable pages for my planners - and yes, I’m at peace with my current planner situation! When I’m not using my own creations, I’m raiding my scrapbooking/Project Life supplies for all sorts of fun elements to add.
I look forward to sharing lots of projects with you in the future! Feel free to follow me on all the sites listed below.

youtube. noveltea corner
instagram. stefgalvin
twitter. stefgalvin
pinterest. stefgalvin
facebook. noveltea corner

1 comment:

  1. Loved getting to know you Stef! Love your pages and yummies!
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete