Monday 21 March 2016

My Travelers Notebook / Fauxdori Set Up & Contents



Well as you know my little Travelers Notebook and I have become the best of friends of late. Our relationship has been growing stronger and stronger every day. When I first knew about midori's or travelers notebooks I really didn't get what all the fuss was about. Maybe I wasn't doing it right or maybe I just hadn't found the right one I am not sure. I dabbled in a couple and wasn't massively digging it. I then went on to the fabric ones from Love Neen and Lyra & Co (both on Etsy) and I loved those but only for sketch books and journals. But since I have been using my TN from Websters Pages it has been a match made in heaven. I know, I know, I have been going on about it lol!

Anyhooo I have been meaning to share my set up with you and you lot have been asking but it's been a tad busy round here but Ta Da! here it is!


As you know one of the things that sets the Websters Pages TN's out from some of the others is all of the nifty pockets on the inside. I am not really utilising them for anything much. All of my loyalty cards and debit cards are in my purse and so these pockets are just getting filled as time goes on with bits and bobs like stickers and photos. I kinda like that it grows and changes organically though. The first insert that I have is a week on two page diary from Travelers Times on Etsy. The cover is a plain Kraft and so I have collaged mine with bits of scrapbook papers, stickers, enamel dots and the like. I love how it looks and how it is a collection of things that represent my personality.




Next up I have another insert, again from Travelers Times that I am using for my 'You' planner. My word of the year for 2016 was you or Me if you prefer and that is all about encouraging me to spend more time on myself as I often neglect me. This just helps me to keep track of that to make sure I am doing something. The covers of this insert are made using scrapbook paper and greetings cards that I received. If you want to know more about my word of the year you can watch my video:





I also have a journal inside which I use for thoughts and feelings, ya know 'dear diary' stuff as well as documenting my life with photos and bits. I don't do any messy art journaling in there though. This is the sort of clean, dry stuff I do on the sofa of an evening.



I also have a fourth notebook and my watercolour palette for on the go needs. You'll get a much better look at those though in the video.




And so that is my set up and everything that is housed in my travelers notebook. I hope that gives you a bit more of an insight into the inner workings of me and also gives you some ideas for what you can use yours for too.

No comments:

Post a Comment