Tuesday 8 March 2016

Paperchase Blogger Event | #bcboutique | March 2016

I was very lucky to be invited back to Paperchase last week for another blogger event. I had so much fun at the one in November so to be asked back again, I didn't even have to check my diary, I knew that I was either free or would make myself free lol!

I tell you what Paperchase do know how to put on a lovely event and this one was just as fun as the last one. Of course I took lots of footage and have put it altogether into a video for you.


I arrived a little early which was great as it meant that I could look around the store before the event kicked off. If you have never been to their flagship store in Tottenham Court Road (London, UK) then you really need to because it is huge and totally brilliant. I mean we are talking three (large) floors of stationery, art and craft supplies along with other lifestyle goodies too. On arrival I did what any planner loving person would do and that is head straight to go look at the planners. I mean I had gone all that way it would be rude not to right!

At the event itself we were given a tour of some of the collections by the Paperchase buyers who gave us more information on the background and how the collections came to be including trends etc. All very interesting stuff but unfortunately it appears I am a bit of a mint and gold magpie and once I saw a couple of items, well, I kinda missed some chunks of the talk in favour of stoking said items. Darn it! Ha ha! Well I think they are beautiful and I couldn't resist.

The collections are really beautiful and it is really impressive to see them altogether in a large space. It kinda made me wish that my office was cleaner, smarter and tidier. Yeah I feel like I need to get my act together and do something about my mess. I mean office. Well mess is more accurate to be honest. Several of the collections focused on the home office both in terms of decoration and storage and organisation. It has made me want to over haul my space which is something I constantly want to do to be honest as I haven't quite settled on what really works for me, another story for another day I guess.

The main pieces that appealed to me the most were the mint clock and retro telephone. I really feel like I need these in my life!



Also in that collection were stationery pieces with gorgeous rain drop graphical designs on. I mean for me that just made my heart go BOOM! Love it.



As I said I also love gold so to see pots filled with gold pens, a total delight!



And how about a gold pen pot that looks like a thimble? I mean seriously hot cute is this!



So after our tour we were treated to a craft demonstration from Talking Tables on how to make a hanging basket which was really interesting. They look very effective.

Of course during the event we had time to chat to each other and have a yummy cupcake. The lovely Daisy and Chloe who I have known for a while were there too so it was lovely to catch up with them but we didn't have long before we were on to the next thing. You'll know Daisy as she writes on my blog a lot as she is on my design team.



Did I mention that I was running a planner workshop? He he! I was super doooooper chuffed to be invited to run a planner workshop at the event. I mean seriously what more could a planner and stationery lover ask for! It was such fun. Aside from Daisy and Chloe, the other attendees were introduced to the World of planners and getting creative with them. We didn't have much time because the couple of hours seemed to whizz by so fast but we did get chance to make dashboards and pockets for our planners and also get to set them up a little bit.


On the table we had a mix of papers, card stock, stickers and washi tape and everyone got stuck in!



For me I think the funnest thing about the workshop was to see everyone's enthusiasm and interest as first time planners. Because I have been in this World for a while it is nice to see new people come in to it too. Of course I will always get excited about new planners and such but you know what I mean.





Everyone got to take away their new set up planner and a wonderful goodie bag which was very lovely. I will do another post and show you the contents of those!

Why not check out all of the other ladies blog posts to see what they thought too. Here are the links to them:

http://www.mygreencow.co.uk/2016/03/paperchase-blogger-event-bcboutique.html
http://chloesthoughtss.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/paperchase-blogger-event-020316.html
http://graphiquefantastique.com/2016/03/07/paperchase-planner-party/
http://www.karawillow.com/
http://merrymusing.co.uk/paperchase-and-planner-haul/
http://www.brittonloves.co.uk/
http://allthingsstationery.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment