Tuesday 17 March 2015

I've got it covered!

If you have been following my fauxbonichi journey for a while you will know that I didn't have a cover for my notebook. The book that I am using is the grid A5 notebook from Paperchase which is identical to the Miguel Ruiz stocked by Barnes & Noble and the same size as the real Hobonichi. I have been enjoying using my Fauxbo and the cover I was just decorating with random stickers every now and then. I have often been tempted by a 'real' hobonichi cover but have always been put off by the shipping and taxes so I kinda just floated along quite happy with my tatty cover.

One day I was browsing on Etsy as I regularly do when I came across a UK based lady who makes fabric notebook covers. She didn't have any A5 listed only A6 but I thought it didn't hurt to get in touch with her and ask if she would be able to make a custom size for me.

The shop is called Masters and Matthews and the lady who runs it is called Karen. She was really friendly and so speedy at coming back to me. I literally gave her the sizes and she came back to me with a yes and a price. I already had my eye on the 'festival' fabric as it reminds me of my camper van. Literally the next day my gorgeous cover arrived on my door mat.


It fits like a dream and I love it!


You have seen this spread before but I just wanted to show you what it looks like once open.



Here it is shown with my Websters Pages Color Crush just because I thought it made a lovely photo!



I really wanted to share this with you all as the quality and service was amazing and the lady is UK based so for all you UK and probably EU peeps this is a really great cost effective cover. I think I paid £11 with postage but don't quote me on that because I can't remember 100% and I don't want you to be disappointed if the price has gone up.

I do love shopping on Etsy, you get to me some lovely people who are very talented and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. So if you are interested head on over to Masters and Matthews to take a look. Remember to ask for the size you want as she doesn't have them listed so it has to be a custom order!

And if you haven't seen it before, here is my camper called Zippy!


No comments:

Post a Comment